This Autumn I've been using a doll quilt that I made my daughter for Christmas 2002. I made it for her Kaya doll, an American Girl doll. I really like the scrappiness combined with the solid background. This is one of those doll quilts that would make a nice full sized quilt too.
Hooray, I finished my first mini-auction quilt. I quilted it with silk thread.
The back. Aren't these dancers joyful?
On Saturday, my guild had a member sew day. It was great. Susan made homemade pralines and we had salad and pizza and my chocolate cherry cake. I spent about an hour on non-raffle quilt work to set a few of the 9-patches from Julie's recent swap. I am going to use 3 different setting square fabrics. This will eventually by our new "king sized" bed quilt; my first king. Did I say eventually?
Raffle update. Can you believe all the blocks are here and accounted for? In only 1 month. What a wonderful and speedy job these women did - bravo! (This is not the final arrangement, just added them as I received them for counting purposes.)
These are the borders I designed. Thanks to Susan, Pauline and Elizabeth we have them ready to add to the body of the quilt.
I need about one hundred 4 patches for the second border. Thanks to the sew day, they are done. Now to string them together.....
And finally, a little coco. She is exhausted. She has decided that dog beds, which I've purchased 2 of are not necessary when there are couches around.
In an effort to avoid the paparazzi she has turned away from me. What a stinker!
Whew! I've been busy. And so have all my blog friends, I'm still catching up on my reading!