Saturday, June 9th, was the year end luncheon of the Brownstone Quilters, which included the Basket Challenge Quilt reveal.
Here is mine "Harvest Baskets"
The theme was "Basket" and had to include the challenge fabric, which I used on the handles and the binding. It also had represent a month. I had September, so I made 9 baskets with harvest prints and autumn colors.
I used the liberated basket technique from Gwen's recent workshop.
I really liked the way the challenge fabric worked with these two prints-
I used this beautiful bird and floral print for the backing and the used challenge fabric around the label.
For lunch I brought a layered Mexican salad.
As part of the Hostess committee I volunteered to make the centerpieces. Norma and I found these cute tin "baskets" at Joanne Fabrics and I filled them with gerbera daisies.
Happy Monday - I'll see you soon with the other 31 challenge quilts.