Friday, October 12, 2012

Fun For Friday - Tim Gunn Love

Happy Friday!  It took me a while to get into this season of Project Runway, but I did get there.

About half way through I started rooted for Christopher and Dmitry:

Several years ago Tim came to my town for a book signing.  It was so fun to meet him in person!!


This little book is wonderful.  I really did pick up several fashion tips about silhouette and fit.


I love the way Tim signed my book.


I recently splurged for a new piece from my favorite store; Anthropology.  I found this  black checked peplum jacket -


Boom - check out that piping!  Love at first sight.


It reminded me of Mondo, one of my all time favorites on Runway.


Blog friends are so fun and generous.  Thank you to my buddy, Anna of Thimbleanna.  I won her little British Bunny in a recent giveaway.  Coco looks very jealous and is trying very hard not to taste it.  Mr. Bunny is so cute, I just adore him.


Look at those cute fabrics and label - adorable!

She also surprised me with the sweet needle case and box of French pins - Thanks Anna!


Double lucky week - Elizabeth of Occasional Piece Quilt sent me this wonderful fabric stack.  Great black and white prints and the multicolored Keep Calm fabric.  How thoughtful of you, Elizabeth, I just love them!


Quick Movie Reviews:

The Master,  acting:  10, story: 0
It will have Oscar buzz, but seriously, what?  Rent it or Skip it.

Looper,  acting: 8, story: 10
I loved it, but I love time travel stories.  It is violent and bloody, but the story is provocative and interesting.

Happy Friday and have a Fun Weekend!

16 comments:

Chantal said...

Anthropology!!! Pant, pant, sigh! What a beautiful jacket! I love Anthro! So does my daughter. We go into the store and drool!
Yes, the piping is magnificent!

Nancy said...

I'm a big Project Runway fan, too. Tim is the best... I love when they play a series of clips of his comments. So funny and endearing. This is a fun post. Coco is behaving nicely with the bunny, even posing regally! Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

Love Tim, I have not gotten into this season though.
I'll have to check out that book :0)

How fun getting squishy mail :0)!

Happy Sewing, quilt on!

Lori said...

Cute jacket! I would have liked to see you modeling it though;-)
Bloggers are the best- love your gifts!!

Teresa Rawson said...

I love time travel movies too - looking forward to the new Tome Hanks one at the end of October. Good Coco! How nice to have a pet that LISTENS (Weasley is in the proverbial dog house right now...).

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Kyle said...

Your jacket is very smart looking both inside and out. When you're wearing it, you'll be smiling knowing that hot pink piping is secretly part of your wardrobe.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh my, I loved your post!!! I too am a Project Runway Junkie!! We both Love MONDO and I had decided I like Dmitry and Christopher too! I think Mondo is the most creative since Christian and JAY CARROLL. Those 2 were my all time favorites and that Tim seems like a real sweetie!!

Will you/or do you watch the ALL STAR Runway??

I also wish I had THAT jacket and you had a feather!! How smart will you look wearing that this fall/winter!!

Jan said...

Anthropology is a fun place to visit - I love your jacket; it is timeless, and so fun, like you!
Thanks for the movie reviews. It is getting time for the "good" ones to come out - real stories, not much in the way of car chases or explosions :)

Thimbleanna said...

Sadly, I've never really watched Project Runway. (That should be a hint as to who controls the tv in our house LOL.) Love your new jacket and those fabrics are fab! AND, I'm super happy that Brit Bunny has a friend to play with!!! ;-D

Rachaeldaisy said...

I wish there were Anthropology shops in Australia. That jacket is really wonderful, good on them for using pink piping!! Project Runaway must be so fun! Tim's right- you are the Quilting Queen!! How sweet is your new little bunny, so cute in it's English fabrics, the photo of Coco resisting playing with it is so funny. I noticed the beautiful Olympic star quilt. Fun fabrics, I couldn't resist the Keep Calm fabric, I have some in my stash. :) Thanks for the movie reviews too, that second one sounds great!

Kimme said...

I adore Tim Gunn and have always thought that Mondo should have won his season! We don't have the new season showing here in Australia yet. Your new jacket is gorgeous, as is the bunny and Coco. I want to see Looper so thanks for the review.

libbyquilter said...

i've never seen project runway but it looks like lots of fun.

i think if that cute bunny were to come to my house my dogs would not be as nice to him as coco is being . . . in fact, it would be just awful.
would you like to train my dogs for me~!?

:-)
libbyQ

Tonya Ricucci said...

More Mondo love here!!!! this has been a rather lackluster season of PR, especially after they aufed Elena. After seeing those horrible short shorts, I'm rooting for Dmitry for the win. he makes me laugh. "I forgot, I have a baby now." fun fabrics in the mail, woohoo! Wish Tim Gunn would mentor quilters - so love that man.

Meredith said...

Looper for me was a love story. Sacrifice. Master we skipped.

Heather said...

Love, love, love project runway and have watched every episode since the beginning. Mondo is my all time favorite and while there are no big personalities this season I am rooting for Christopher. Tim Gunn is so great - I love how he can give a negative critic without being mean. Can't wait for the new All Star season!

OPQuilt said...

Glad you had a good week at the mailbox, and happy I was able to contribute. I love going in Anthropology, if not to drool and buy, then to get ideas and see what they're up to. I love the pink piping--fun to have something as gorgeous on the inside as it is on the outside!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com