This week, I finally sewed in my sewing room. It made me feel home at last.
Here is my closet. It's not perfectly folded, but I know what is in there.
I've decided to apply forced integration with my fabric stash. I used to keep them segregated. Now modern, repro, toile' and florals all live together. I do have Halloween and Christmas separate. How do you organize your fabrics?
I installed a high shelf for lesser used stuff.
I've started a new project! Here is a sneak peak: Lavender! (on a temporary design wall aka; a flannel backed table cloth) Inspiration and purpose can be found here.
I'm making 2 HST at a time. For whatever reason, I don't like trimming the dog ears after I sew. I decided to clip before I press. It works great for me.
Now these are scraps too small to use.
On the advice of my friend Susan, I am starching my fabric for this project with Linit liquid starch. I'm doing it in batches in the kitchen sink. After soaking and wringing, I air dry it for about 30 minutes then iron dry.
Here is my new laundry closet. I corralled all my baskets into one area and put them to storage use. I'd love to get in there and wallpaper, but that is a "level 4" improvement".....
Aaahhhh, set up for sewing again. Watching Breaking Bad on my lap top until my TV gets hooked up.
Side project - little 2" four patches. I guess I was engrossed when I made that renegade block... I'm keeping it!
Happy Labor Day and I hope the only laboring you do is creative :)