Well, last week I did. I made 3 little quilts.
This first doll quilt I'm calling "Butterscotch Beauty". It's very simple, but I added the elegant urn fabric to make it more of what I call an "elevated doll quilt".
I machine quilted it in a one direction, double then single line pattern.
Here is the back - sorry for the weird shadow effect and the crooked hanging job.
This one is made from leftovers given me by my guild friend, Sally, who sat near me at the retreat last spring. I admired her batik scraps and she gave them to me!
I am donating this to the guild for the mini-auction at our quilt show in November.
Here is a close of up the quilting.
I made this doodle in January of 2010 and I finally put it into a quilt. I really love it and intend to use it more in the future on my more modern quilts.
Here I've practiced it on a scrap.
For the back I used this fun folk art print.
With the leftovers from this one, I made a little sister mini, which I intend to gift to a guild friend. (hint)
I've grouped them around my feather weight, so you could get an idea of the size and scale of them.
I found this beautiful empty nest after the hurricane and feeling a kinship to it I brought it home and dried it out. These birds made such a nice home which included a piece of balloon ribbon, cassette tape, and white bundling twine.
And lastly, poor coco. She is having some major adjustment issues with the kids gone and me sewing so much. I'm going to look into a doggie day care so she can spend time with her own kind once a week.
Have a great day!