Friday, October 19, 2012

Fun For Friday - Happy Haunting!

Happy Friday!  Thank you everyone for your suggestions on my pattern search.  I have ordered 2 books from Amazon that will hlep me make my own patterns.

This past week I got out a few Halloween decorations.  I try to change it up and use different ones so I don't get tired of them.

Here is one of my favorites.  It is a Dept. 56 Haunted House and Haunted Graveyard.  I've added a lot of extras to the set like the trees.



here is spooky shot -


A crime scene!  I can see who is to blame, she left her slippers...


Here it is lighted.   The green lights are little skulls.


To give you an idea of scale, I displayed it this year atop a dresser in my kitchen.


Here it is with an apple.  As you can see, it is quite miniature.


Here is my Living Room mantel decorated.  I got the glittered bats at Pier I Imports.


One of my favorite fall recipes.  There are only a few ingredients.

Autumn Pumpkin Soup

1  can Pumpkin Pie mix
1  12 oz. can evaporated milk
3  cups chicken broth.  (You can use up 6 cups, but I like my soup a     little thicker, so I only use 3)

combine ingredients and heat through.


I serve it with sour cream sprinkled with a little nutmeg.


Hope you are enjoying all the sights and flavors of Autumn.  It is my favorite time of the year!

17 comments:

Teresa Rawson said...

Love your little neighborhood...that is tiny! I like to rotate decor as well...it justifies me buying new stuff, LOL! Soup looks YUMMY...just made squash/apple soup here last night. It is grey and blustery here today with leaves dancing...too windy to rake. It is a perfect fall day! Have a grest weekend!

In stitches, Teresa :o)

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Cute display. The quilt on the table I have noticed in several posts....it is so charming.

The recipe sounds very delicious and so easy. Thanks for sharing it.

Judy :)

regan said...

The spooky shot is so great! Love the crime scene, too! FUN! And that soup sounds yummy! Thanks!

andsewon said...

Love your wee haunted house and your fun Halloween decor!We just had butternut squash soup was so delish and fallish! Will try this one too!
Lola

Dawn said...

How festive! LOVE pumpkin soup. A fun Friday post!
Have a great weekend!

Kyle said...

I always look forward to your Fun Friday posts. The pumpkin soup couldn't be simple and yrour
Halloween village is pretty spooky and definitely charmingly sweet. Enjoy the weekend.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Halloween decorations are fabulous.

Carrie P. said...

great displays. there is a store in our town that sells little spooky villages like that.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful

Jan said...

Your spooky town is a delight. It is fun just to look at all the details. Love the hay bale! Your "tablecover" is very, very nice :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh Barb, That little town is soooo cute!! I've never seen anything like it. I love the spooky trees with the piles of little tiny Autumn leaves, and the rows of pumpkins leading up to the door. The little ruby slippers and melted witch are such finds!! Your mantle is wonderful too with those sparkly bats! 3 cheers for pumpkin soup, Yum!!

O'Quilts said...

I see that you love Halloween. I do too...you are inspiring me:)

Maureen said...

Glad you found books to help with the pattern. I'm sure you will do your inspiration justice.
Can you believe I haven't done any fall decorating...not even a pumpkin! I better get busy!

Miriam said...

Cute decorations! Love those red slippers! :)

Chris said...

good luck making your own "power-ful" quilt, I know it will be stunning! We just visited the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston - that quilt was the ONE thing I wanted to see, and of course it was not on display. :( So - I will have to look at yours instead! Enjoy!

antique quilter said...

what a cute neighborhood, ok love those little dorothy shoes :) we have a pair of those here too. they are tiny.
I love anything pumpkin so will have to try this soup looks delicious .
ok I don't like pumpkin coffee....almost anything pumpkin!
Kathie

libbyquilter said...

will have to try the soup. it looks yummy and very simple to make. today we woke up to our first snowfall (about an inch) and during the day it snowed off and on and we got another inch or so. the dogs ran around in it like little kids and river loves pushing through it, snow plow style, with her nose~!
i, on the other hand, am not nearly as excited about it . . . maybe a nice warm bowl of pumpkin soup will change my mind.

your mantle is awesome and the little halloween scene has so many fun details~!

:-)
libbyQ