Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy Town USA

Ta-Da.   I finished my House Swap Quilt.   I had finished the top in March - where does the time go?   I am naming it "Happy Town" because everything about this quilt makes me happy!

47x47" square

Happy Town I did 60 degree diagonal quilting lines about 1/4" apart.  I marked one line  and then used the edge of my walking foot for the rest.
There are some variations in the widths and angles, but I'm okay with that.
I ordered some of this really great striped fabric from my friend Thimble Anna's Etsy shop.
You can hardly see where I joined the strips (on the left binding strip).
The backing fabric was a giveaway I won on my blog buddy, Rachael of Blue Mountian Daisy blog.  It is all cat fabrics and I knew that I would use it this way one day.  And this was the perfect quilt for it.
I made a special label with a black kitty like Luna, who we lost last November.  We're still sad and miss her.
Other Breaking News - I've added some of my Hex Vex kits to my etsy store.  You can check it out here.

** Just added Tuesday - I've posted a poll on the sidebar.  Would you be interested in a Fall 2015 block Swap?  I have a block in mind and would have a repro and modern group like last fall.

I hope you are having a great start to your week!

27 comments:

Ginger Scott said...

Happy Town is certainly named right! I love the bra fabric in the border!

Nifty Quilts said...

Really fun and happy quilt! Love those funky border and sashing fabrics with the imaginative houses. Those diagonal lines give it a nice texture.

Janet O. said...

A very happy neighborhood, Barb! That is some pretty intense quilting, too. Don't know if I would have had the patience to quilt the lines that close together.
But, wow, it looks really good.
Always love me a striped binding!

Janet said...

What a fun and happy quilt! I love the sunglasses fabric in the border :0) Striped binding is such a great finish.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

It turned out great, now I need to get back to mine. The striped binding is perfect!

Debra said...

Perfect name for such a happy quilt! Love the binding.

Dawn said...

Super cute quilt. I LOVE the bias stripe binding.

Lori said...

What a great quilt! Love everything about it.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love it! Front and back!!

Helen said...

Delightful! Your borders are like a bonus in this very jolly quilt.

Kyle said...

I'd love and come live in your happy town! You always use such fun fabrics. Fantastic quilting And love how you used Rachael's fabrics for the backing in memory of Luna.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love your happy town and your blog!!! Hugs, mary

Kevin the Quilter said...

Wonderful finish! I would love to live in "Happy Town!" Doo do dodooo doood Won't you take me to.......HAPPY TOWN! Won't you take me to......HAPPY TOWN!

Dixie Howard said...

Love your quilt, and your memories of Luna. Really hoping for another swap - as soon as I finish making my design wall, I plan to get started on putting together the blocks from last year's swap. It was so much fun!

audrey said...

This is such a fabulous and fun quilt! I love your scrappy border--just perfect! Honestly, I don't know about the block swap. I kind of regretted not doing it last time though!

LONA said...

I am interested in your swap block- just need more details before committing. Also, I didn't find your Hex Vex kits on your Etsy site! Thanks!

Barb said...

Hi Lona -
sorry, I inadvertently left the default quantity at 1 and it sold this morning - it's fixed - thanks.

LuAnn said...

It's a great quilt Barb. I really like a striped binding on most any quilt.

OT Quilter said...

Happy Town looks happy, as it should! (And when I think of the name I hear "Funky Town" in the background!) Yes to a swap even though my nine patch isn't finished!

CecileD said...

Great finish Barb ! I love your quilt and your label....especially ! Our sweet cats will always be in our heart !
I'm in for the swap ! Woop ! Woop !
Thank you to propose it to us !!
Xoxo

LONA said...

Thanks! Have a great day! :)

Barbara said...

Love your quilt and all the fun fabrics! Perfect backing fabrics, striped binding-- and Luna label :)

rondiquilts said...

Not surprising, always love your posts! Always a highlight of my day. Count me in for another swap!

Louise said...

I bet you had fun making this quilt! Love it....

Sujata Shah said...

I love your happy Town. The backing and binding is perfect! Glad Luna is always going to be in this town.

Jill Fisher said...

What a sweet neighborhood you made! I really love the low volume background. The fabric placement is really spot-on perfect. I will check back for more details about the block swap. It sounds fun!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh how I love your house quilt!! The colours are so fresh and springy and the houses all look so happy and cheerful. I love how you used the kitty fabric, it's a beautiful tribute to special Luna. I'm such a snaily slow coach and haven't used my blocks from the last swap, maybe I could mix them with blocks from a new swap...