Friday, February 12, 2010

Puppy Love

Here's Coco!



What a trip. Chicago enjoyed 12 inches of snow on Tuesday, which delayed my 5 hour round trip to Madison Wisconsin to get little pup.
I also enjoyed the earthquake Wednesday morning at 4:00 am. In the meantime, New Jersey enjoyed 12 inches of snow on Wednesday. Everywhere I was and wanted to be it was snowing!

Thursday was clear and dry and I went to the farm to pick up Coco. It was such a joy to watch the cotton candy sunrise over the fields of northern Illinois. I forgot how beautiful a snow covered flat landscape can be.

Coco was the first puppy to leave the farm and she had a bit of crying when we drove away but we soon settled in together.

She was able to meet some of my Illinois friends before going home. Sheila helped us so much at O'Hare - I could not have managed without her! Thanks, Sheila!

I arrived home after an "on-board" flight delay about 8pm.

Chillin' with her new friends

Me trying to stop a moving a target -


Needless to say, my DH is in love with his new valentine.


I had a wonderful trip filled good friends, food and quilts. I'll share more this week.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. Rich looks so happy. Made the strategic error of telling Livi you got a puppy. Guess what she wants ?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Coco!

Lori said...

Ah, I hope to see more of coco. What a sweetie!!

antique quilter said...

just adorable!
have fun!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

You lucky girl you!!! Welcome home! how darn cute...

Mary said...

OMG! She is so cute! What a wonderful Valentine's/Anniversary present. And what is Rich giving you? lol

Anne said...

So, so cute!

Jan said...

What a sweetie! Life without a dog just isn't complete, in mho. You're going to have so much fun!

Kathi D said...

Oh, what is sweeter than a puppy?

NOTHING!

Karen said...

Coco is beautiful! Happy Valentines!

PatchworkRose said...

She is just gorgeous. Enjoy and have a great Valentines :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

We had a chocolate lab in the past and we now have a 10 year old yellow lab. They are the best dogs...very loyal. Just beware of the cute faces they make to get a treat from you. It works every time.
Good luck with her,
Karen

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a beautiful puppy. You're so lucky, my Boomer is now 3 1/2 and still not well behaved! A puppy is one of the best thing in the world!

QuiltSue said...

Coco is just gorgeous. I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

Crispy said...

Awww what a cutie. Nothin' better than labs, they stay puppy like all their lives.

Crispy

Janet said...

What a gorgeous pup, I'm looking forward to reading about the adventures of Coco.

Jenni said...

What a beautiful little girl she is. I'm a sucker for a dog of any kind. I'll look forward to seeing more photos of all the trouble she gets into!

Yvette said...

I'm in love with Coco.

Diane said...

Sheila told me about all your travel snafus. Glad you and Coco are home safe and sound. Rich looks so happy!