Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We Need A Little Christmas

Holiday Greetings!

I know how busy I've been, so I can imagine how busy all my friends are too.  I hope you finding a little down time to enjoy the season.

Just popping in with a Christmas post before signing off for the year.

Last year I went on a Christmas tour (click here  if you want to see over the top christmas collecting!) and was inspired to start my own White House Historical ornament tree.

This began in 1981 and each ornament comes in a beautiful box with a booklet telling the story of the ornaments historical significance.  Here is this years:


I've replaced the ribbons with these Christopher Radko gold hangers.


Here is a daytime shot


and a night time shot


and two of my favorites, The Madison's and my man, Abe.



It's been so fun to collect these (thanks ebay!)  I have only 3 more to go.

Here is my sewing room tree, with vintage red and pink ornaments and Janet's (Quiltsalott) doll quilt swap:


The cupcake group got together for food, games and presents.  I won LCR again - lucky me!


We actually had sing during this game.  so funny.


Susan and her husband make a beautiful wooden gifts each year.  The white mice collection has grown to 4, aren't they wonderful?


Jill made this beautiful hand quilting sewing kit:


Pre-threaded quilting needles all ready to go.


What a nice surprise!  Sujata (The Root Connection) sent these wonderful mug rugs.


Believe me, it's no accident that coco matches the new FR furniture!

I'll leave you with a couple shots of my Dickens' Village.  I placed tiny lights underneath this year and it's a magical effect.



I wish you all a Merry Christmas filled with laughter and cheer.  I hope that the New Year is filled with comfort and joy.

I'll be heading out for the farm and will be back in January to share a new year long project that I've started.

24 comments:

Snippen' Threads said...

I am so impressed with the White House ornaments. I didn't realize there was such a thing. Great thing to collect.

Julie in the Barn said...

I never knew about the White House ornaments. What a lovely keepsake to collect. Happy Holidays to you, too. See you next year.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your decorations look lovely! The light under the snow are so cool! Have a very Merry Christmas and I will see you in the new year!

Lori said...

What a gorgeous tree!! Have a magical holiday Barb.

Kim said...

Oh how can you stand to leave all that Christmas coziness you have created?
I also collect the White house ornaments, but my favorite is the 2003 with the little boy on the rocking horse that really rocks and the train underneath in the cut out gold that moves along with the rocking. The detail on these ornaments is amazing.

Merry Christmas and Happy sewing

Annette said...

Such fun decorations. Merry Christmas!

Jan said...

Such a fun post - I love your sewing room tree and decorations! Have to remember that for next year - to put a little tree in my sewing room. It all looks great! I love the lights under the snow; it really adds a lot to the atmosphere. Happy Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic collection of ornaments...and I just love that little red/white quilt!! Cute!
I love mice....just seeing yours makes me wish they were mine!!
Happy Holidays!!

Sujata Shah said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family! Your home looks so cozy and warm, ready for all the goodness.

Rachaeldaisy said...

You have such wonderful Christmas decorations!! The Carol game looks like so much fun! Janet's doll quilt is amazing, so teeny weeny! I love Sujatas mug rugs, it's great that they're pictured with coco. Oh so many wonderful things!! Have a very very Merry Christmas!!

Kyle said...

I love all your decorations. I have one White House ornament. Your collection is wonderful. But my favorite is your pink and red tree. That is just so "fun". Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow love it....
Have a wonderful Christmas and a great start to 2012, thank you for sharing your blog....

Judy in Michigan said...

What a wonderful tree and presidential ornaments! How cool!! Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family. Thanks for all the wonderful moments you shared with us this past year. Looking forward to sharing 2012 with you.

OT Quilter said...

Lovely! I think someone gave me a White House ornament....hmmm have to check those out! Safe trip! xo

Karen said...

I was not aware of the White House ornaments. Very interesting and very elegant and very historical.

Janet said...

What interesting ornaments! I've never seen anything like them before. The little red and white quilt is so lovely. I can't wait to see your new project :0) Have a wonderful Christmas at the farm!!

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas Barb.

You have a wonderful collection of White House ornaments.

Maureen said...

Great post! You sure do know how to decorate for a holiday. I have some of the White House ornaments, too. Love what you've done with yours.

Letterpress said...

Terrific post; makes me want to redecorate with more trees and more fun ornaments!

Elizabeth E.
Occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Meredith said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2012. I a Happy Christmas. Maybe at some point I will get to meet you in person in 2012.

Lynda said...

Christmas is such a wonderful time for traditions, both public snd personal. You have such a collection of lovely things!

Thimbleanna said...

Those White House ornaments are fabulous! I hope you had a fun and relaxing Christmas. Have a good time at the farm -- I can't wait to see the new project!

libbyquilter said...

the Dickens village is sweet with all of it's lights and small details and those wooden mice are adoreable~!!~

always love looking at that basket doll quilt~!

looking forward to seeing you back in 2012.

:-)
libbyQ

Taryn said...

I enjoyed another bit of Christmas through your blog post. Your treasures from your friends are great. I really like that little thread and needle keeper. I know I've seen instructions for one but don't know where. I'd love to make one. I hope you are enjoying your holiday. Oh, and I love the photo in your header. So cheerful!