Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February Fun

New England Quilt Museum!

I had a  day of good weather so I drove up to the NEQM to see the new exhibits and my quilts on display.  Thank you to Pam and all the volunteers who made everything look so beautiful.

Here is my Artist's Statement~ 
Old Abe has never looked so good.  Nice to have it on display for his 213th Birthday.
I don't know who Joan and Lew are, but their little note in the guest book  touched my heart.
There is a bird exhibit on display that I loved.
I'll share one with you.
Laura L. has put together a gorgeous display of Tree Quilts from the museum's collection.
I adore this quilt by Ruth McDowell.
Since the show is still open that's all I'll share for now.  I know several people who are going to attend, so I like to let them discover it all for themselves.   See details on the NEQM Website.
I'll be giving a talk to The Applique' Society this Saturday at 1pm Central Time.
 Here is a link to their website if you are interested in becoming a member.  Membership is $25.  There are many resources and benefits.

I thought I had finished my words quilt.
Then I decided to go back and quilt additional lines.  I'm glad I did. I will say more about that when it is completely finished.
I've also started a baby boy quilt for a friend with two different Fun With Barb swap blocks.
The tutorials to make all the swap blocks are still available, see the tab at the top of the home page.

Stay Warm and Well and let me know if you visit my quiltts!
xo


21 comments:

Nancy said...

I saw this had opened. Congrats- your quilts look wonderful displayed there. I hope there will be a video walk-through for those of us from afar. Glad you got to take a trip to take it all in. Just wonderful.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

You must be so proud to see all your beautiful quilts hanging in a quilt museum! I only wish it was closer so I could see them in person. congratulations friend!

Kyle said...

2022 is off to a beautiful start. Your quilts look fabulous.

Julierose said...

Hearty Congratulations on having your works shown! You are in really good company there;)) Hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Wish I could see the exhibit in person but hopefully other bloggers will share their experiences visiting your quilts. Beautiful quilts are always a joy to see!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh I cannot wait!! Abe does look good on his birthday! I am glad you added more "slivers" to your pie!

Ann in PA said...

How wonderful! Congratulations on having your quilts displayed in the New England Quilt Museum! I remember your gorgeous Mother's Garden quilt from Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA. It was fun to watch it evolve on your blog and when I finally saw it in person, it stopped me in my tracks! WOW! The "sparrow" is a wonderful tradition in your quilts. I've always loved following your progress on your blog so I'm thrilled for you to have those beautiful quilts on display for many to see in person. xxoo

Janet said...

How wonderful to see your quilts displayed so beautifully and to read the lovely comments of people who have viewed them!

cityquilter grace said...

drooling big time here...all lovely exhibits and quilts....i was a member at the museum when i lived in new england...another thing i miss...and love ALL of ruth mcdowell's quilts...always wanted to take her classes but alas she retired before i could... been a fan since the late 1970s seeing her things at the quilters' connection show in arlington mass...

Angie said...

It must be an amazing feeling to see your quilts on display like that - I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing the bird & tree quilts; wish I lived closer so I could make an in-person visit!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a well deserved honour to have your quilts displayed at the museum! They look wonderful!

Janet O. said...

I love Barb Vedder, too! :)
Oh, so wish I could see this in person, but having been there, I can envision myself walking among your wonderful quilts. Can't wait to see more of the show.
Loved your Artist's statement!
That will be a very special baby quilt!

Nancy said...

How exciting to have your quilts on display, and especially to get the sweet comments from visitors to see them. How I wish I lived close enough to visit and see them in person. It looks like a fabulous show. Congrats to you!

Barbara said...

Barb, your quilt exhibit looks fantastic! I really wish I could see it in person--that would be so much fun. Love the bird and tree quilts that are also at the museum. Looking forward to seeing your finished words and baby boy quilts, too!

Lori said...

So wonderful! I'm looking forward to my trip to the museum!

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey barb...... How amazing and wonderful it would be to see your own quilts having in a display .... Thankyou for sharing......

Ginger Scott said...

Fabulous exhibit, well-deserved.

Sandy said...

How exciting to have your quilts on exhibit at the Maine museum. They look so lovely! (Even on my tiny screen!)

Ruth said...

Thanks for showing some of the quilts on display with yours. The tree appliqués are interesting. I like the one with the oak leaf behind it. I want to do a tree appliqué in a medallion that will be surrounded by Asian fabrics.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This gives me chills! I'm so happy for you AND for NEQM... to have your beautiful, masterful, artful quilts on display! I only wish I could have seen them there in person!

Tazzie said...

Such a wonderful exhibit, thank you for sharing photos. I just love your quilts.
*hugs*
Tazzie