Monday, September 26, 2022

Fun Fall Festivities

Wee!  All the pieces are cut out for  Double Wedding Ring Quilt.
I'm trying to take my time and enjoy the process.   The tracing and cutting was slow, but allowed for  lots of good TV and Movie viewing.
Thank you Narragansett Bay Quilters for  having me come and share my Scrap Secrets Lecture.  We had a fun day of building houses too.  I love to see each unique house come to life.
My friend, Wendy Reed, has an 8 page feature in Quilt Mania Magazine!!!  It is amazing.  The article was written by Cecile' and it tells the heartwarming story of how Wendy got started quilting and her passion for  Potholder Style Quilts.
Congratulations Wendy! Such wonderful and deserved recognition.

My Sparrow quilt flew home from Wisconsin with a beautiful ribbon.
My Chrome quilt won 1st Place in Applique'.  To be fair, it was the only Large Applique' Quilt.   It is great news because it means I will be invited to the State Fair Dinner Banquet which is always fun.
Here is the big Award winner of Cliff Geisler Family Award.
Best Pieced, Machine Quilted.
And here is Best in Show.
A few photos from the fair.  Rich loves the goats.
and Kettle Korn.  He would get a bigger bag if they offered it. 
Here was our first course of fair food.....
And speaking of piggies....
We have a tradition of going on opening night and watching the Demolition Derby. 
Speaking of Demolition; we had our driveway replaced.  It was a huge job.  We had a big crew and lots and lots of trucks.
I've done a little fall decorating to usher in the season.  I'm looking forward to the leaves changing colors here in New England.
Happy Autumn.
xo

13 comments:

Angie said...

What templates/patterns are you using for your DWR? Love the colors! Congrats on your well-deserved ribbons! Thanks for sharing the fair pix. It's always fun to see what quilts are getting made around the country and of course, who doesn't like to see goats and piglets?!

Anonymous said...

Great fall fair photos! We were at the fair on Friday night. Fun to see all the quilts and handcrafts. Congrats on your ribbons. It’s such a nice time of year to get outside!
Gail at the cozy quilter

rondiquilts said...

Jam packed post. Lots going on. I've enjoyed seeing the DWR on IG! Building and playing with house blocks is so fun and individual for each quilter, makes it fun. Kudos to Wendy, what an honor and for Cecile' to write it. Sadly we didn't have an opportunity to get to local or state fairs this year. Bummer. Congrats on your ribbons! I'm with Rich, kettle corn is my weakness. Yum!!!! Lucky you on the new driveway. When we want to freshen ours up we have to haul in gravel, lol! Happy Fall!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on the ribbons! Love DWR. It will be a happy quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Lori said...

I love a good quilts show! So much going on in your neck of the woods! Congrats on the ribbons- well deserved, Barb!

gladiquilts said...

The DWR looks really, really good! Congratulations on your well deserved ribbons. I can’t wait to get an issue of Quiltmania to see the article on Wendy! Happy autumn to you!

cityquilter grace said...

congrats on ribbons! i discovered a youtube channel called "live new england" so i get to visit every time i want and will be able to enjoy the fall colors...so color me happy!

Julierose said...

Happy to see you won those ribbons on those lovely quilts!!

I send congrats on getting all those pieces traced and cut--whoa--that is an accomplishment for sure, Barb;))).
I think this will be another beauty...
hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

The DWR quilt is spectacular. You're putting lots of love into it. The fair pics are super fun. Who wouldn't want baby piggies and kettle korn.. Congratulations on your quilt ribbons.

CecileD said...

Ohhhh your wedding quilt is absolutely stunning ! I can't wait to see it all sewn !
Congratulations on your ribbons !! Woo Hoo !
Thank you for speaking about Wendy's articles ! And yes, I agree with you : it's well deserved !
xoxo Barb !
PS : I was thinking of you (a lot !) last Friday because we were close to Madison... so close ! To go back to JFK airport, we rode by Hartford, CT.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZing! That quilt is positively amazing!! They are going to love it. Thank goodness they plan to hang it. It deserves a place of honor!! So happy for all your awards. Well deserved and oh so much fun! Your Fall decorating puts me to shame. Does a felted pumpkin on the dining room table count? I bow to the great decorator. I love your style!!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a fun fall post! It must be such a refresh to have a new driveway! Your dining room looks so warm and festive. Fun fair times too, and congratulations on the ribbons. Most of all, WOW, what a stunning DWR this will be. Will you use one neutral color for all the piecing? Let us know if you come across any great movies or TV. ;).

Barbara said...

I don't know how I missed this wonderful post. Lots going on in your world, Barb! Your DWR is looking fantastic and congratulations on all the ribbons! We missed the county fair--again! Maybe next year. Love all those little piggies :) Looks like you had a great day--What fun!