Hooray! Let the games begin! We celebrated the opening ceremonies with a little bubby (what else?). To show our support for the United States, we only used red, white & blue flutes :)
Thank you everyone for your input in my huge star quit (aka circus tent). Susan and I had discussed the quilt a couple of weeks ago and thought that I should remove 2 rows form the top and side, then re-add border fabric.
Many of you had suggested going right to binding. Thanks, I needed that!!
Here is a photo of the antique quilt I saw at Paducah, price tag: $4,000 and that was about 15 years ago. Photo taken with permission.
I designed my stars 4" -BIG mistake (pun intended). That made the blocks 12" x 9 (across & down) = that is 108" before borders.
I think the original must have had 9" blocks, making it about 97" x 97" with 8" borders. I just didn't work out the math when I started this quilt.
My original quilt would have been 124" x 120" (I used a smaller border on the top).
After removing 2 rows from the top, and all the borders, the new size is 108" x 84" which will work great on my king sized bed. whew.
So here is what I'll be doing during the olympics:
I've already quilted 3 blocks. I have lots to go but it's not a timed event, thank goodness.
coco made a close inspection and decided the new plan is a good one.
Happy Olympics and Stitching everyone!