I've been wanting to try making a bunting and finally gave it a whirl. There are a lot of ideas here on Pinterest.
Here is mine made with a Kaffe fabric.
I made a paper patterns until I found the size I liked. I made a cardboard template to mark the pre-fused fabric.
I fused a solid on the back and left the edges unfinished. It would be really fun to make it two sided and hang it in a archway.
I used dritz single fold bias tape. I pressed it in half to make a channel for the pennants.
I arranged them and held them in place with binder clips.
I stitched them in the channel close to the edge.
Waa-La (as Norma and I like to say :)
Aaahhhh.....spent a day at the beach last weekend with a great book on my ipod, an iced tea and applique'.
You just can't beat the view.
Happy Friday! Grab a little summer before its gone!