I love cake and last week while my son, Andrew, was visiting he requested The Bubble Room Orange Crunch Cake. Do yourself a favor and click the link to their website. You will see right away why I like the place!
(recipe on bottom of post)
Despite the snow, ice and wind the New England Regional Chapter met at Sturbridge Village for an American Quilt Study Group day. Wow, that was a lot of links, but I'd like to encourage you to join this National organization.
From the Sturbridge collection, made by: Susannah Howard 1879.
My heart stopped when I saw this Pride of Iowa 4-block. Sorry for the bad iphone photo - I was having a mild heart attack.
Wow - these berries were nearly round but securely attached. I need to step up my game!
Cynthia of Wabi-Sabi and to finally meet Wendy, the Constant Quilter in person. We had a funny adventure through the snowy village :) They both have great posts on the day too.
Despite or because of the horrid weather, the feeders have been very busy! Poor little Gold Finchs.
Click here to enter the giveaway, I will pick a winner on Saturday.
**The only change to the recipe is that I make my own buttercream frosting with butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla - then I added the zest.**
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (actual recipe) or 1/2 cup slivered almonds ( actual recipe)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 pillsbury ready to spread vanilla frosting
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- : Combine crunch layer ingredients. Press 1/2 into each bottom of 2 greased and floured 8" or 9" pans.
- : In a large bowl, blend cake ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 mins at high speed. Pour into pans.
- : Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes Cool 10 minutes Remove from pans and cool completely.
- : In small bowl, mix frosting & topping. Fold in lemon & orange peels.
- : Place one layer, crunch side up, on plate. Spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining layer, crunch side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.