Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fun For Friday - 1st Class Mail - Basket Challenge

Happy HOT Friday from NJ!

I received this fun Birthday package from Diane.  A beautiful book, wonderful patriotic blue toile' fabric and a post card hand made by Libby - Thank you so much Diane!


The book is lovely and has so many wonderful traditional quilts.  The toile' I will use for something special and here is the back of the post card - too cute!


I won last month's drawing from Libby.  It reminded me of the ad "if is says Libby, Libby, Libby on the Label, Label, Label I will love it, love it, love it on my sewing table, table, table...."

What a pretty little bundle!


A special kerchief for my favorite puppy - and other unexpected surprises along with her incredible photo note cards.  Thank you so much, Libby!


Look at this pretty girl.


As promised; here are the basket challenge quilts.  I've grouped them by month - enjoy!

here is the challenge fabric -


My friend, Susan H., won viewers choice!
































What a great group of talent!  It is so fun to see how everyone interpreted the month and basket theme.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!

16 comments:

antique quilter said...

thanks for sharing fun to see
I kept going back to the april 31 just so different from quilts I have seen at the guild shows.
That is one of my favorite books, enjoy!
Kathie

regan said...

Those basket blocks are all so clever! And the back of that postcard is awesome! Love the champagne bubbles making up the 50! Sweet!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a great bunch of very creative quilts.
That book looks like one I would love. You will need to give me a review!

Sujata Shah said...

I think I have that book! Sad when I can't remember if it is on my shelf or I just remember seeing it.. LOL
Love seeing all the challenge quilts. each one is so different than the other.
Coco is looking cute modeling her handkerchief.
Have a great weekend!

Rachaeldaisy said...

How wonderful are all those quilts!! I just love the variety and different interpretations of the theme so much. The postman has been busy bringing you such lovely gifts! That blue toile is gorgeous and how cute does Coco look in her new scarf. Looks like another book for me to watch out for.

Lori said...

What amazing challenge quilts!!!
Lovely birthday surprises and even one for coco! Too cute!!

Jeanne said...

Such creative ideas! Thanks for sharing these wonderful quilts.

Jan said...

More great gifts; the postcard is so cool, and the book is such a good one. Loved seeing all of the challenge quilts, too.

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun challenge. And your goodies -- do you already have a project picked out from the book?

libbyquilter said...

you are so very welcome.
CoCo looks fabulous~!

:-)
libbyQ

Mayleen said...

The ladies making the basket challenge quilts are creative! Lots of personality in each one.

Love the picture of Coco. She appears to be quite pleased with her new handkerchief!

Lari said...

I would love to know who makes that beautiful challenge fabric for your basket challenge.

Barb said...

Hi Lari
You are a non-reply and haven't provided email, so I don't know if you'll be back to check but I hope so.
The information you were looking for is:
The challenge fabric comes from Legacy Studios (CP 31079 Ravendale Paisley)

(thanks Norma)

Lari said...

I did come back to check : )
Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing all the wonderful quilts.
I've put you in my favorites to check back often.

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to uncover this page. I want to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!
! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you book marked to see new stuff on your web site.


my homepage - take a look

Anonymous said...

This post is actually a fastidious one it assists new the web people, who are wishing
for blogging.

Check out my blog sameday cash advance