I finished my top yesterday and I'm so thrilled. It's 74" square.
Here is a soup recipe that I promised on InstaGram. It's is Escarole soup with turkey Meatballs.
For the Meatballs:
20 ounces lean ground turkey breast
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tsp kosher salt
For the Soup:
8 cups fat free chicken broth
1 head escarole, chopped
1/2 cup orzo (see notes)
fresh pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the broth over medium heat, covered.
- While the broth is heating up, in a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Roll into small sized balls about 1" or so.
- When the broth comes to a boil, drop in the meatballs. Add the orzo and chopped escarole. Add pepper to taste and simmer about 10 mins until orzo is done.
Here are MY notes:
- I couldn't get 20 oz of turkey, so I got a pound and adjusted the bread crumbs.
- I didn't have seasoned crumbs, so I added Italian seasonings to plain crumbs
- I wish I had cooked the orzo separately because they absorbs so much liquid in the left over portion. I would then have added it to the left overs individually.
- I simmered it about 20 mins to make sure the turkey was fully cooked.
Exciting and Fun Mail:
Thank you so much Linda for the cute fabrics and Dixie for wonderful Halloween kitchen towels. What a lovely surprise. You both are so thoughtful.
And thank you Helen form Till We Quilt Again for picking me as your IG winner. What a super prize package full of all sorts of fun. Thanks Kelly for hooking me up with your quilt friend and the giveaway.
Thank you also for all your support and encouragement watching me inch way through these 9 blocks of the AP quilt. I appreciate it so much.
Thanks also for all the bow ties packages - as soon as I have them all I'll be swapping and mailing!