Sunday, June 18, 2023

Norway Part 2

Hello!  I'm back to share another post of our Norway trip.  It is hard to describe how beautiful and natural the scenery is.  
It is so pristine.  Did it look like this 1000 years ago?  The next photo was taken at 10:15 pm.
There are few signs of mankind.
It really filled me with wonder.  It also reminded me of Alaska another beautiful place.
Many of the Holland ships have a Tamarind Asian Restaurant.  We typically go at least once.  Here is a statue outside the restaurant.
We enjoyed sampling a few special cocktails.  It is vacation, after all.
The restaurant is pretty and very different than the main dining room.
Display of vases outside the interior entrance.
Hello Alesund Norway!
I climbed over 800 steps for  that view!
Whew!  I need to work on my cardio.
Worth it!  Hey -there's our boat.
We took a hop on hop off bus tour of the town and also had a bit of a walk about.  Even the buses are fun!
They had headphones and we learned a lot about the town.  I highly recommend it!
Like Trolls?  they got them!
We hopped off at the Aquarium and had a nice visit.   There were school children there so we felt very local.  I really do like to support local businesses.
cute playground
Back on board the Rotterdam there was an interesting sea life wire sculpture.
Andrew is totally photo bombing me!  
A vinyl record sculpture.  Looks like the ornaments you can make with Greeting Cards.
An interesting architectural painting display.  I love those colors.
Once again this is running long! 
I'll share a gardening post I did on Instagram.
Here is a new garden I created this year.  I love impatiens and I hope they fill in.  All those rocks on the border were in this little plot.
Wendy Reed shared some Ghastlie fabric squares with me - what fun.  I combined them with a print that I had.
So far I've just framed some of them.   We'll see what happens.

Finally, here is a link to the most clever airline safety video I have every seen.  It was created with over 1000 hand painted delft tiles.  the video I took wasn't super so....

See you again soon!  
xo

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Traveling and exploring new places leads to remarkable new experiences. Norway looks beautiful. I think I might have to add it to my bucket list

Susie H said...

Norway looks gorgeous! I'm glad you were able to make the time to vacation and to such a serene location. You and the trolls look adorable! Hahaha! Love the look of the quilt blocks so far and the Safety Video was AMAZING!

Donna Murdock said...

You make me want to go straight back to the Rotterdam and return to Norway again. We went in April and totally loved it. I think I still believe in trolls! It wasn't nearly as green in April as your pictures show. My husband and I are in our 70s so we merely watched people climbing up those steps and admired them for doing so. The views are awesome from there! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

Wow, what a fabulous trip, Barb! Your new garden is so sweet. I love rock borders. Those are crazy Ghastly fabrics. Leave it to Wendy to send them to you! They are right up your alley :)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a beautiful place - looks like you had such a wonderful time! It's so inspiring to see new places. The safety video was mesmerizing! I've never seen Ghastly fabrics - very fun.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Norway scenery, glad your enjoyed your trip!

Chookyblue...... said...

I would love to go to Norway....... Thankyou for sharing......

The Cozy Quilter said...

Norway is on our bucket list. We saw trolls when we were in Iceland. Will there be quilts inspired by your trip? Glad you had so much fun. It looks like an interesting trip!