Thursday, March 14, 2024

It IS Pie!

Happy Pie Day!  (3.14)  I'm sharing my quilt which is just back from QuiltCon.  It was a thrill to be part of the show in Raleigh.

Here is a close up of the quilting.  I used alternating lime green thread and rainbow.
Thank you to everyone who sent me a nice comment or a photos of my quilt.  It was great to see it on IG and get some new followers.

Hooray!  I finished another UFO.  It is an outreach quilt for Habitat for  Humanity.
Sorry, it is upside down, here is a closer look.  It is a cute print with Santa cowboys.  Why Santa?  dunno.
I machine stitched the binding down from the front using this blanket stitch and I really like it!  Good for a quilt that might get tugged and washed a lot.
I practiced my free-motion quilting, which is not great.  Not bad, but not good either.

Here are my Jane Stickle blocks.  Not a UFO but hey, I get to do one thing not on the list right?
I've decided on this red for the bindings on my potholder style quilt.  I'll be machine quilting it with silk thread.    I'm only making 100 blocks (ha ha - only)

I haven't been quilting on Jill's quilt nearly enough and must recommit.
I had a nice visit with the Hudson Highland Quilters. 
We had a day of building houses without patterns.  What a treat to have pizza dinner and a catered lunch with this group.
Don't forget to treat yourself to a Shamrock Shake!  I had one while running errands and it was such a good naughty treat.
Have a great Pie Day!!
See you in April.
xo
barb

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to read all about your exploits. You always inspire me.
Norma

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see your quilt in person at QuiltCon! Red is perfect for your potholder quilt. I want to live in a neighbourhood with those cute houses! Nutmeg and I love your donation quilt. Cowboy Santa’s? Who knew!?

Anonymous said...

Last comment from Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love your Pie quilt so much! I love how the rainbow thread makes it look like rain. Great idea for the kids quilt binding!! I'm going to try that next time. And, I can't believe how many blocks those quilters made. What a great group! Have a super day!

Louise said...

As a big fan Of Pi Day, I love your quilt! Cheers, Louise

Nann said...

Pi and Pie! Your QuiltCon entry is wonderful. Looks like everyone had a great time housebuilding.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having your quilt on display at Quilt Con. I saw a few YouTube videos from Quilt Con and your quilt was included in each video. I love your Jane Stickle blocks and the red binding treatment will set them off nicely. Thanks for sharing your quilting adventures! kelley

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I loved seeing your quilt in person at QuiltCon. I think it was one of the stand-out quilts. It is such an important message delivered in a cheeky (not heavy handed) way. Your potholder quilt will be amazing! The binding for your Habitat quilt is so fun and practical too. How fun, the improv houses.

Anonymous said...

As always, I enjoy seeing your wonderful projects! I love the red you’ve chosen for your version of Dear Jane - would you share with me the brand of fabric, and the specific color, if you can? I may want to get some. (Gladi Porsche)

rondiquilts said...

Much to love in this post! Looks like you have quite a bit of quilting completed on Jills quilt. Don't know about you but it feels like 2024 is flying by..... I need to be accomplishing more than I am.
Thanks for always sharing and posting eye candy!

Rondi

liz said...

It's so fun looking at your beautiful quilts.
I would love to take your house quilt class.
Do you ever do Zoom classes?