Sunday, August 25, 2024

The Circle is Complete

Kindred Spirits; Jill's Quilt, is finished!

Jill started this quilt in 2006.  It was a group project of our Cupcake Club.   A group of four quilt friends who met every month and did a number of quilts and other craft projects together.

Here we are will red velvet cupcakes.
This how I inherited the project after Jill passed away in 2014.  The pink angel near her initials broke my heart a little.
After completing her appliuqe' blocks, I added a house in the middle.  I chose purple because Jill loved to include purple in her quilts.   Isn't this sweet?  I'm sure it is Jill, her husband, Scott and their son, Justin.
Here is the label I made.  I miss Jill so much and think of her so often.  All in all, I think she would be pleased.
I quilted them the same, using my extra large fan stencil.    It is available in my etsy shop - click here to see it.   I also have a set of 38 patterns that I used for my quilt available.
Here is my quilt.
This is Mary and her Red and White finished quilt.
I love her unique version.  Very modern, and very Mary.
Susan's quilt:  Animal, Vegetable or Mineral.

Here is Lin McQ's  quilt.  She used my pattern set Kaffe Fassett's and added her own patterns,  How great is that striped border?  
I'll be visiting and meeting her next year in Ohio where I'll be presenting a lecture and workshop.  I can't wait to see her quilt in person!

If you are still here, I'm offering a 20% discount on my Etsy shop for  30 days.  Use the code:  JILL20
See you next time.
xo

21 comments:

Julierose said...

Just beautiful finish on your "Jill" quilt--what a lovely memory piece to have to remember her by. Nice work;))))
The other versions are also lovely--[I esp'ly like the modern red and white one...really neat take on this pattern...]
Hugs, Julierose

Didi Salvatierra said...

Just terrific how each quilter gave her unique spin on the design! And how special to finish Jill's quilt! Bravo! 👏🏻😀

JustGail said...

What a lovely finish. I think of all the versions you've shown today, it's my favorite. I think it's the polka dot background Jill chose and the red border. And the story of it, what a nice tribute to finish it for her.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job you did on Jill's quilt. I clearly remember her working on that quilt. I teared up looking at the picture of the two of you. Miss her a lot!

Rachel Cochran said...

Wonderful quilt. So glad you finished it for Jill. I miss her, too. She did such good work for the Heritage Project of NJ.

Quilting Babcia said...

A tender remembrance of your good friend, beautifully finished.

Lori said...

Jill would be very pleased! It is wonderful!

Gladi Porsche said...

Thanks so much for sharing all of these wonderful quilts!!

rondiquilts said...

Tears of happy joy. What a gift and talent you have Barb. Always an inspiration and this post is evident to all of us that value you so.
Rondi

Anonymous said...

These quilts are so personal, each with the favourites of the maker. Reminds me of the song from the sound of music…

Finishing Jill’s quilt was a labour of love. She would be so pleased.

Gail at the cozy quilter.

Chantal said...

I didn't know Jill, but I'm sure she has a big smile looking at the wonderful job you did with her quilt. Bravo! I love that you remove the pear and added a heart. The house just regroup the family together. Just perfect.
Thanks for the sharing the pictures of the others too. It was fun seeing them and comparing them. (I don't know how many times I scrolled up and down. Lol) Great job, ladies. ;^)

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful remembrance.

Rose Marie said...

Jill is smiling .... you did a wonderful job finishing her quilt!

cityquilter grace said...

every time i see this quilt my fingers start to itch and my brain is percolating choosing appliques...and then i think about my UFO list and sigh...but soon one day my fingers will get busy

Janet O. said...

You have done Jill proud with this beautiful finish, Barb. I never met her in person, but thoroughly enjoyed my acquaintance with her via email. I bought quilt top she made that perfectly matched my living room, but I have yet to quilt it. However, I have hand. quilted the little block she made that you sent me, and it hangs with quilts by you and other blog friends on a wall in my sewing room.
I love seeing the variety of quilts made with your set of patterns, each one reflecting the maker's style and preferences.

Meredith said...

What a wonderful way to cherish your friend’s memory. Thank you for sharing it, and all the others, too.

Nann said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful tribute to Jill and your friendship.

Rae said...

I cannot believe that Jill passed 10 years ago. She was such a talent. You did a beautiful job in finishing the quilt.

Anonymous said...

I bought your pattern before I finished reading your whole blog post...I was so excited to get the pattern : )
Next time I'll slow down and read all the instructions

Barbara said...

Hi Barb, Jill must be smiling down on you :) What a wonderful finish and the label is absolutely perfect. I loved seeing all the quilts in one post and recall seeing yours at a quilt show for the first time many years ago. Hope all is well in CT.

audrey said...

All such fantastic looking quilts and each so unique in their own way. I just love how quilters can use the same elements and still make something that allows their personalities to shine through. Jills quilt is a special finish. Wonderful to see!:)