Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Cupcake Project

New Cupcake Project: Remember this from PA quilt show? Well, we decided we needed to make it.



Here are Jill's blocks so far. Jill is planning an original and unique border for hers, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Barb's:
Susan is going to make a smaller version for her sewing room. Here she has traced the size on plastic.


I don't think Mary is going to participate since she'll be setting up household in Indy. Jill's friend, Patty, started this quilt years ago and here are her blocks:



She is considering this gorgeous plum toile' for the borders.


The best part of the new project is that the fabrics are luscious. We're swapping fabrics so that we achieve that wonderful scrappy, busy, blended look that works so well for this quilt.

This is a project that will be ongoing. I'll do an update when we are a little further along.

In the meantime, I'm going to be very busy getting things ready for the Brownstone Quilt Show. Yesterday was quilt take in and if you live anywhere near Northern NJ, I recommend that you come to this show. I am amazed at the width and breadth of the talent that will be on display.

Happy November.

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

OH as soon as I saw that quilt at the show I knew it would be perfect quilt for my oldest DD. She would love it!
Collecting the right florals would be a challenge!
Will look forward to seeing everyones progress on this quilt, its beautiful.
Looking forward to the show.
Kathie

Lori said...

What lovely hatboxes! A fun group project to be swapping fabrics.

Crispy said...

Oooo I love this quilt!! It will be fun to see all the different ones.

Crispy

Selvage Quilter said...

That is an amazing quilt!! You found all the perfect fabrics for it. It's perfect!
Karen